Bearded Dragons now given away free – get yours!

Bearded Dragons are increasingly becoming the nation’s favourite family pet. It’s easy to see why, they’re easy to care for and are great with kids.

Due to their ease of care, more and more people have enjoyed being able to breed them at home successfully. We have had literally 100s of eggs brought into us to incubate. Not to mention our own beardies that we also breed here!

Even more hatched out yesterday so we needed a solution to ease the large population. I know there are many people out there that would love to have pet bearded dragons and are currently saving up, to make sure they get the best set up possible. So, we thought that we’d give away our bearded dragons for free when they buy their setup!

We solve our population problem and you can save a tidy sum of money, everybody wins.

How do I claim my free bearded dragons?

Simply visit us in store, we will show you how we keep our bearded dragons and show you how you can do the same.

A good bearded dragon setup will cost around £350, we’ll give you a credit for 2 bearded dragons (worth £75 each!). Once your vivarium is running, check everything is perfect and all the temperatures are spot on. Then visit us to collect your free bearded dragons.

Can I buy online?

If it’s easier, please feel free to order your setp online through our website www.ReptileCentre.com. Simply leave a comment, in the comments box at the checkout stage of your order, stating that the setup is for bearded dragons and you wish to receive 2 free. You must be able to collect your beardies in person though.

Click here to see an example of a setup online, with all the decor included too

This offer can end at any time so please contact us to make sure we still have some left!

Full training and education will be provided to care for these animals. We reserve the right to refuse if we feel the bearded dragons will not be cared for correctly. This offer is for bearded dragons only, there are no alternatives available.

About Gary Rolfe

Gary has worked with fish and reptiles for 15 years and has a degree in marine biology and coastal ecology. You can follow him on Twitter at @GaryRolfe.

28 Responses to Bearded Dragons now given away free – get yours!

1. Simon Morton October 7, 2009 at 1:30 pm #

free beardies…. Awesome

2. Durbinator October 8, 2009 at 10:16 am #

oh so tempting!

3. chris October 23, 2009 at 4:46 pm #

do u still get the beardies if u edit the setup for ur budget coz i got half tht stuff neways

4. Lily November 27, 2009 at 5:42 pm #

Just wondering whether we have to order setup from NRC, or is another place with all the same equipment okay as well? Just wondering.

5. Lily November 27, 2009 at 7:08 pm #

Nope, answered my own question ^^

6. Si November 29, 2009 at 9:07 pm #

Hi
    Interested to know if the offer still appliesif you edit the setup to suit your budget? For example if I get hold of a 4′ vivarium second-hand, but I still want the other bits and pieces on the list, does the offer of the two free beardies apply?!
    Thanks.
    Si

7. ellis December 29, 2009 at 10:06 am #

im intrested in beardies i would love to get a free bearded dragon !!!!!! they must be really cool! and easy to handle but are they vicous? still want one though

8. ellis December 29, 2009 at 10:08 am #

they must be awsome

9. amy January 20, 2010 at 3:34 pm #

Is this offer still on?

• Gary January 21, 2010 at 9:58 am #

Yes it is!

• Anonymous August 11, 2011 at 1:14 am #

The best thing I think about the free beardies is that the saving
        encourages people to buy the correct setup rather than one of the
        cheaper options that are out there that just aren’t fit for purpose. Do you agree with that? Thansk a lot for your sharing here.

Baby Bearded Dragon Care

10. Abadi February 11, 2010 at 5:10 pm #

Thats just so cute offer, i like it, usually i thought that pet stores didnt care about breeding them, but thats a really interesting thing. also when they breed at home successfully!

11. Gemma Hoe February 18, 2010 at 3:38 pm #

Hi, Just wanted to Thank you alot guys , i took my free beardies since i bought the setup yesterday from the shop, too delighted theyre doing fine 2 baby devils!

12. Tom February 19, 2010 at 2:47 pm #

COOL, still trying to work out where the FREE bit comes into it when you are looking at a punter spending out approx. £350 for the Viv set up in the first place, and ONLY THEN going back for the Beardies, Mmmm, even the price of those could be set within the £350,

HEY DON’T HANG ITS JUST MY OPINION.

I been in retail for many years and this just seems to be to be a ply to “get the customers in”

Sorry guys, just my way of thinking. BUT, if your getting your first Beardies then I guess its a real COOL idea as my Viv set up cost me approx the same and then another £120 for the Dragons.

• Gary February 22, 2010 at 10:39 am #

Hi Tom,

We have so many babies hatching here all the time that we needed to think of something. Being in retail yourself you’ll know that any promotion has to benefit both the customer and the retailer.

I wont’ deny that this particular promotion has brought a lot of customers through the door but they are generally all people who are interested in keeping beardies anyway. The best thing I think about the free beardies is that the saving encourages people to buy the correct setup rather than one of the cheaper options that are out there that just aren’t fit for purpose (we refuse to sell these).

It’s a bit of a vicious circle now though. The more setups we sell, the more eggs customers give us! I can’t imagine this promotion will be ending anytime soon!

Thanks for reading the blog Tom, we also have a Bearded Dragon Facebook Page if you ever want to post any pictures of your guys.

13. Lisa March 2, 2010 at 1:36 pm #

I got a bearded dragon free with my set up about 3 weeks ago now. I have always wanted some kind of reptile & after a lot of research thought that a bearded dragon was the best option. The free dragon definately made me go to his pet store rather than pets at home where the dragon was £100 alone. Gutted I missed this deal though as I was tempted to have two. I didn’t want to buy second hand stuff incase I bought the wrong stuff as no experience. I will say there is quite a lot of conflicting stories on care for them and does make me panic so. But he seems fine so I must be doing it right :-) Don’t regret getting him at all. My kids love him (4 boys) and I named him Cricket :-)

14. Kimberley March 28, 2010 at 10:28 pm #

Hey. Question? Just wondering if i edit the setup list as i already keep bearded dragons and have most of the stuff will i still get a free bearded dragon?

Many thanks :)

15. william April 7, 2010 at 9:57 am #

how many lights do you have in a beaded dragons cage 3foot bye 2foot

16. jamess April 25, 2010 at 6:41 am #

AHH NOOOOO,
    i am really really really interested in beardies but i dont want a 4ft viv i want a 4ft so if you could do it with a 3ft viv for me that would be great and obviously i would only have 1 beardie as a 3ft tank is fit for 1 only, and could we customise the setup to make it cheaper for us cause i am only 12 and my mum and dad said i can have one…. but i need to pay for it cause they just booked a holiday, so i am trying to make it as cheap as possible so can you help me out please (gary!!)

17. Ben Sochon April 27, 2010 at 5:28 pm #

Free Beardies- I cant resist

18. paul kenneford May 3, 2010 at 11:45 am #

is this for real… how do i get one?????????

19. Emmerson May 13, 2010 at 7:00 pm #

Can u buy a setup somewhere different and still get the beardies

20. El Sparko Productions July 8, 2010 at 7:42 am #

Does this offer still apply today? I have cresties myself but i know a friend that really wants a beardy or 2 :P appreciate your reply and look forward to hearing from you Dean

21. Georgia August 13, 2010 at 4:07 pm #

What comes in the setup? also are the 2 beardies male and female or can you choose to have 2 females?

22. Emma September 3, 2010 at 12:16 pm #

Getting ours soon – can’t wait :D

23. sharon elmore September 5, 2010 at 6:18 pm #

free beardies wonderful!!!!!

• Sam September 9, 2010 at 9:24 am #

Hi Sharon

All you need to do is purchase a full set up and you can claim two free bearded dragon babies :)

24. care bearded dragons May 10, 2011 at 3:20 pm #

Awesome, I wish i could avail this offer.
    care bearded dragons